One of the kids’ favorite food is Fried Chicken, children from Dacula, Georgia, USA are not exempted. One sunny day in Dacula, a Mom brought her twins to Saxby’s to eat lunch. They ordered their usual fried chicken meal.
They waited for it to cook and be prepared, but much to their dismay, instead of fried chicken they were served with “deli paper” (wax paper) coated in bread crumbs.
As disappointing as it may sound, according to the twins’ mom, the manager did not even care when the issue was brought to her attention, not until the mom’s video blew up and they all started to care.
Aside from the poor customer service, what would have happened if the kids chewed some of the Deli Paper?
What happens when “Deli” Wax Paper is ingested?
Wax paper is usually used in our kitchen, in preparing food, or as liners in baking trays; it is food grade thus, it is not toxic to ingest. If by mistake you eat a small piece, don’t worry as it will probably not hurt you or be poisonous to your body.
Although it is non-toxic, wax paper is not meant to be eaten. It is not a food item nor is it an ingredient, it isn’t even edible and is an indigestible product, so when consumed it will only pass through your system.
What are the risks if I swallow a lot of wax paper?
However, it is important to note that it can be an issue if you eat or swallow an exceedingly large amount of wax paper.
This is unlikely, but it can happen, especially to kids. Because the body cannot digest it, it can cause blockage in the digestive system. It can also cause lacerations or cuts in your digestive tract, which can cause problems in your internal system.
Always remember although non-toxic wax paper is not meant to be ingested and when eating out always be mindful of what you are about to eat.